May 11, 2010

[ChiTown Feature Series] Le Bouton Jewelry - History Behind the Beauty

I.Love.Brooches.

And Le Bouton has some of the best brooches I've seen in Chicago - or anywhere else for that matter. Although they also create necklaces and earrings, I'm completely enamored with their brooches!

a little background:

I was first introduced to Le Bouton at the 2009 One of a Kind Show in Chicago and was immediately drawn to the brooches. The use of vintage and antique materials meant that each piece was truly unique. Although I wanted to purchase one of everything, I fell head-over-heels in love with one specific brooch and ultimately walked away without it. HUGE MISTAKE! I couldn't stop thinking about that brooch. The next day I called up one of the owners, Sonni, and she remembered me as well as the exact brooch I was stalking. Although she was heading out of town for the One of a Kind Show in New York and all of her merchandise was already en route, she promised to hold it for me. SCORE! As soon as she returned, she called me and I went to her home to pick it up. Not only was I in love with Le Bouton, I was also in love with Sonni's level of customer service. I wore that brooch almost every day this past winter and received so many compliments. I can honestly say it is definitely one of my top five jewelry purchases of all time!

back to the post:

When I decided to start this ChiTown Feature Series, Sonni and Le Bouton immediately popped into my mind because I believe they deserve to be spotlighted and appreciated. Many of the brooches are created with materials such as buttons, buckles, and coins dating as far back as the 1700s! Therefore, every item has character and an enchanting story. These stories can include the history, country of origin and original owner of the materials used. Sonni enjoys sharing these stories and that is why Le Bouton has never focused on selling items in boutiques or on the internet. In an era where everyone shops online and every retailer is encouraged to sell online, I must admit that interacting with Sonni and understanding the history and materials used in the construction of each piece was - and still is - a high selling point for me.

Unfortunately, the Le Bouton website doesn't include many pictures of their merchandise. So, I was determined to find out Le Bouton's next showing and attend by any means necessary. I attended the 20th Annual An Arts and Craft Adventure this past weekend just to see Sonni and view some of her latest pieces. As expected, Le Bouton did not disappoint! Once again, I was overwhelmed by the beauty of all the brooches.

Here are some photos from my encounter:












Although I'm glad I was finally able to get pictures of the lovely items available from Le Bouton, you absolutely MUST see them in person to fully appreciate their beauty. Check out Le Bouton's 2010 schedule and make sure you mark one of those dates in your shopping calendar. And don't worry, if you can't find a date that does not conflict with your schedule, contact Sonni who is more than happy to offer a viewing at her home on her days off. LOVE HER!

Le Bouton is the perfect place to go when you want to find a gift for someone that has everything. However, as I experienced this weekend, do not expect to walk away without purchasing something for yourself as well.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamia said...

Ooh, nice! I never see things like that at the craft shows I attend. I think I need to visit Chi-town!

Tamia
TheStyleSample

May 11, 2010 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger T said...

those are beautious

May 12, 2010 at 4:48 AM  
Anonymous Chandra said...

Gotta love it when you experience top notch customer service. Whenever I'm treated as if my business truly matters, I shout it from the roof tops.

It helps that these brooches are truly magnificent. With all your blog posts featuring Chi-towns exquisite shows/art/fashion/vintage, I think I'm gonna have to pay you a visit.

I really loved this post!

May 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Nikia Jefferson said...

@Tamia, you MUST make the trip. And if you can come in December for the 'One of A Kind Show', you will surely enjoy it.

@Fashion Butter, lol! And here I thought I was the only one who used "beautious".

@Chandra, Chicago would welcome you with open arms!

May 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home