August 17, 2010

Me and Mulberry [+ Target]

When news broke a couple months ago about a Mulberry and Target collaboration, blogger frenzy ensued. Everyone was curious. Which iconic Mulberry bag would they recreate? Would leather be incorporated in the designs or would the bags be constructed 100% with synthetic materials? Overall, though, the consensus was a big "Who cares"? Matching up a luxury English handbag designer with a store that pumps out some of the best mass consumer collaborations is bound to be nothing short of amazing!

Now, here we are, two months later and the blogosphere is buzzing with the news that Gilt.com will have an early flash sale of the Mulberry + Target collection this Friday (starting at 11am CST). Can you say CRAZINESS?!

Unfortunate for me, I have a meeting scheduled from 10am -11am CST on Friday. But similar to the level of determination I had for The Outnet's $1 Sale, I will be in front of my netbook at 11am SHARP, by any means necessary. As we all know, merchandise moves fast on flash sales sites. With so much anticipation behind this collection, I predict everything will be sold out in an hour. Let's just pray to God hope one of those lucky buyers is yours truly.

I must mention - only to be politically correct - there will also be two other Target collaborations on sale that day. Feminine tops and dresses by Tucker and fabulous homegoods by John Derian. The conclusion? You're bound to find something on Gilt this Friday.

If you're not a member at Gilt.com, click here for a ChiTown Fashionista invite. When the sale begins, every second counts. So, be sure to setup your account and credit card information prior to the sales event.

What say you? Are you equally excited about the Mulberry + Target collection? Will you be sitting in front of the computer with your finger on the trigger Friday at 11am CST?


P.S. As always, I'll keep you posted on what I score (if anything).

UPDATE

Along with 99% of the world, I didn't score anything at the Gilt sale.  Everything was mysteriously sold out as soon as the sale started.  How that happened, no one knows for sure.  But as the famous saying goes, "everything happens for a reason".  The line launched in stores on October 10th and I'm SO glad I checked the bags out in person before making a purchase.  The quality left much to be desired.  There's also a lack of variety in regards to the styles available. 

If you missed out on the Gilt sale and still want to get your hands on a bag, check your local Target (highly suggested), Target.com or eBay. Let me know what you think about this collaboration. Yay or Nay?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger hobovogue . said...

wait omygosh thanks for the update!!!! i will SO be on gilt that day... LOVEEEE mulberry. haha i was one of those bloggers who was way too enthused :P


<33 [v] hobovogue

August 17, 2010 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger T said...

!@#**!

I think that I need some Wendy Brandes swear rings to fully express my frustration. Dammit, I miss Target! I wonder if any Mulberry will be left by the time I get there.

August 17, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home