July 23, 2010

Kathryn Kerrigan Finds Its Way to Bucktown - Larger Shoe Sizes for City Girls

For Chicago women that wear hard to find larger shoe sizes, the Kathryn Kerrigan shoe boutique has heard your cry! Although Kathryn Kerrigan has an online presence and two existing stores (one in Libertyville, IL and one in Canada), city girls can now rejoice about its newest location in Bucktown.

Strategically nestled amongst some of the city's best boutiques, the location is perfect for women looking to purchase an entire, head-to-toe look. This Chicago location carries footwear in U.S. sizes 9 to 16! All of the shoes are exclusive to Kathryn Kerrigan and handmade in Spain and Italy. Ladies, you will no longer have to search far and wide for unique, high-quality footwear.




As soon as I stepped into the store for the grand opening, I was greeted by the lovely Stephanie Sack. She is the owner of plus-size boutique Vive La Femme (which is right across the street, by the way) as well as the new Kathryn Kerrigan store. I've always been a fan of her lively personality and I must say it matched perfectly with the decor. Surrounded by pop art, floral curtains and colorful shoes, I had definitely found my happy place!

While checking out the shoes, I noticed a variety of styles, textures and heel heights. There really is something for everyone - wearing larger sizes, of course.




I was also delighted to see that THE designer, herself, was present. Speaking with Kathryn, I learned that she sketches about 50 designs every season and sends them to the craftsmen in Spain and Italy to be manufactured. She also informed me that the store receives new shipments every couple of weeks - yet another reason to visit often.



(l-r) Kathryn, Stephanie and Erin Creaney(from Studio 808)


So, head to Kathryn Kerrigan this weekend for all the grand opening festivities. If you can't make it, drop by whenever you get a chance. I'm sure the staff will welcome you with open arms.

If you're not in the Chicago area, check out the Kathryn Kerrigan online store OR Endless.com.



Kathryn Kerrigan
2031 N. Damen Ave
773-235-7150

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Goody said...

as a size 11 wearing chica this is high on my list AND in my neighborhood, which could actually turn out to be a very bad thing for my wallet!

LOL!

July 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home