January 18, 2011

Celebrating Black History Through Fashion: Reader Participation Requested

Hello all!!

Black History Month is fast approaching and due to the overwhelmingly positive response last year, I've decided to bring back the "Celebrating Black History Through Fashion" series.   Last year, I scoured the internet to find amazing vintage pictures of blacks showcasing incredible style and swagger. This year, I want YOU, my readers, to participate by sending in photos of your loved ones (check out my parents' prom picture I posted last year).



It's a great opportunity to celebrate Black History Month and honor your loved ones at the same time!

Are you with me?!

If that's a resounding "YES", please email a photo and brief description* to blackhistory@chitownfashionista.com.  The subject(s) in the photo should exude a distinct sense of style.  In the description, feel free to include either the details surrounding the photo or a tribute to the subject(s) in the photo.  The deadline for submission is February 15, 2011.


*Please note that the description will be subject to a final edit by yours truly.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous tembisboutique said...

hecky yeah, dis is what I am talkin' 'bout!!!!! i am so luvin' these pics...ur mom w/ that afro styled w/ da drop earrings and elbow length gloves.FIERCE 2 DEF

January 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger blue said...

That photo of your folks is FABULOUS. I just love it. I come from a long line of Jews, so I won't be submitting, but I will be an avid viewer. Can't wait to see what people submit!

http://www.tresawesome.com/

January 18, 2011 at 5:11 PM  
Anonymous @LuvSunflower said...

Yes, I'm with you girlie! Diggin in my moms chest for pics and will meet your deadline. I think your past 'Black History through Fashion' series is AWESOME!!

BTW, your moms empire waist gown is Super Fab!!

January 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Chandra said...

I'm with you. I'll have to saddle up (er...gather up) a few photos of my stunning looking relatives and send them your way!

Chandra

January 22, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home