February 9, 2012

[Closet Addition] Mary Katrantzou for Longchamp


It was Mary Katrantzou's Spring 2011 collection, which also happened to be her first solo runway show - that resulted in me, and countless others, falling in love with the London-based designer.

Katrantzou's use of print was not only refreshing, but also quite strategic. Using images from interiors featured in Architectural Digest and World of Interiors, she created looks that were both artistic and wearable.

So, when I discovered that she recently collaborated with Longchamp to launch a collection of bags, I immediately started my search to find out where I could get my hands on one.

In comes French retailer, Colette.

I was very familiar with the store but had no idea they had an online shop AND shipped to the U.S.! After a few minutes of deciding which size I wanted (hubby was laughing at me while I literally pulled out the measuring tape), I was adding the bag to my shopping cart and entering my credit card details. Since it was sent from Europe, shipping was not inexpensive. But I must admit, it arrived in lightning fast time and was worth every penny.





And if my photos aren't enough to entice you, check out this video of Katrantzou explaining the design process as well as the inspiration behind the collection.



Click HERE to check out the entire line of bags. And be sure to act fast to get your hands on this limited edition collection!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rita said...

Gorgeous and oh so perfect for Spring! Love!

February 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it. The print is gorgeous!

xx
Ashlei

Kinksarethenewpink.blogspot.com

February 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home