February 21, 2012

Celebrating Black History Through Fashion: Candid Moment


This vintage photo was submitted by the lovely Aramide (aka Dee Dee) of The Sassy Peach.

Here are her personal thoughts on it:

The pic is of my mom and dad in the '70s when they were very young, newly engaged I believe. My dad, who absolutely loves taking pictures, snapped this one of them in the mirror. I love how it's so natural, not staged and that it seems he kinda caught my mom off guard. Everything about this pic screams vintage to me, my dad's glasses (that hipsters now fashionably wear), the camera and most of all those 'fros! My mom has sadly passed since, which makes this picture that much more important to me. They just look like two young kids playing around and in love! I love it!

And we love it too, Dee Dee! Your parents were indeed a cool couple.

And who said mirror pictures started with social media?



Click here to view more "Celebrating Black History Through Fashion" submissions.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dee Dee said...

Love it! Thanks a lot Nikia! :)

February 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home