March 13, 2012

Click You're It: Attend the Smashbox Photo Event


If you haven't heard, Nordstrom Michigan Avenue has teamed up with Smashbox to host fashion and celebrity photographer Steven Khan for a photo event on Saturday, April 28. Yes, it's perfectly fine for you to get excited.

I, like many other men, don't know the first thing about cosmetics. I've always considered beauty products to be a woman thing. However, that all changed when I was introduced to Smashbox after receiving the brand's Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer as a perk from Klout. While I will still never wear makeup or make cosmetic adjustments to my face, I think primer is safe for every man to use.
Let's be clear. Primer is not makeup. So, it's cool for men to use without feeling effeminate. In a city like Chicago, where the everchanging weather tends to cause dehydrated skin, the hydrating primer is perfect to have a fresh, healthy look throughout the day. I wouldn't lie. I swear I can almost feel my skin getting nourished as I spread a little of the primer on my face in the morning. The key to it is Hydraplex, an extract derived from desert plants that restores skin and prevents dryness. And this is just one of the many products the company has to offer.

If I haven't already convinced you that Smashbox is the answer and that you should attend their photo event, here's a few more reasons you should go. Steven Khan's work has appeared in countless magazines for years, and attending the event gives you the opportunity to get a mini photo shoot with him. For me, that alone is worth it. Every person who spends $100 or more, gets to experience the photo session and will receive a CD of photos to take home.

So far, 3 of my friends have booked an appointment with me. There are no gimmicks — all you have to do is call for a free appointment and buy a few products. To book an appointment today call (312) 464-1515 ext. 1083, and ask for Claire Latronica. Tell her Gabriel sent you. Hurry before all the slots are filled.

Are you ready for your close-up?

*photo credit - Smashbox

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home