March 1, 2012

The "Celebrating Black History Through Fashion" Wrap Up (with My In-Laws)


Well, that's it people! The month of February has come and gone.

[the photo]
With March being the month of my wedding anniversary, what better way to wrap things up than with this picture of a stylish couple which also happens to be my in-laws.

They were photographed at a party in the late 1960s. Dad looks so put together (which is still the case to this very day) and Mom looks stunning in her floral suit.  Due to fashion's continual reference to the past, it is no surprise that floral suit remains relevant today. With Spring approaching and floral being a huge trend this year, there are many who would wear that jacket with a tee and jeans or that shift dress with a solid colored blazer or cardigan.

No one knew then that a few years later they would give birth to my future husband. But aren't we glad they did? *smile*

[the wrap up]
Thanks to everyone that submitted photos this year for the "Celebrating Black History Through Fashion" series. From the candid shots (like here and here) to the sartorial glimpses back into time (like here), I am grateful for those who decided to share a piece of their history with my readers. Because at the end of the day, it's about honoring those who helped us get to where we are today, personally and fashionably.

To view all of the photos (past and present), click HERE and enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ HasH said...

I'm SO glad too that they gave birth to me! lol Thank you so much baby for honoring my parents in such a beautiful way. Congratulations on another AMAZING "Celebrating Black History Through Fashion"! And Happy Anniversary to us as well! I love you!

Hubby :)

March 1, 2012 at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home