October 30, 2009

In A Clutch Frame of Mind



*Alexander McQueen Knuckle Duster Clutch (available at Net-A-Porter.com for $1,595)




Lately, I've been on the search for the perfect frame clutch. Prior to now, I believed that frame clutches were only meant for cocktail parties and black tie events. However, I recently witnessed someone "dressing down" the frame clutch. Her ensemble consisted of a denim blazer and black jersey dress all belted at the waist. The bag added a hint of glamor to an already-chic outfit. It was genius! Why didn't I think of that?!

Why NOT get a bag that can work equally well during a girls' night out on the town OR a black tie affair with a significant other?

My thoughts on how to achieve this "dressed down" look are to avoid frame clutches with rhinestone or crystal detailing. However, don't avoid detailing altogether. Beading, animal prints, pleating or ruffles will add just enough interest without looking too out of place. Also, don't be afraid of color. Keep the neutrals within your outfit and let the handbag do the talking.

Below are some of my favorites. Now I must decide which one I like the most. This may prove difficult since they're all SO different.

Needless to say, I'm definitely in a "clutch frame of mind". Are you with me?



















(l-r)
first row:
Inge Christopher: Hard Case Snake Clutch - $144
Carlo Fellini Puff Quilt Clutch - $48

second row:
Spiegel Lace Clutch - $39
Arden B. Exposed Layer Zipper Clutch - $38

third row:
Santi CP3406 Clutch - $223
Nordstrom Kisslock Frame Silk Ruffle Clutch - $78

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home