March 26, 2010

Black Label's Style 101 Event = Fun Times!



It wasn't until owner, Yanira Garza, invited me to the Style 101 event that I was even aware of Black Label ("BOO" on me). I immediately accepted since I'm always up for anything involving Chicago fashion.

After researching further, I learned that Black Label was comprised of two components: wardrobe styling and a clothing line. I was equally impressed with both the wardrobe styling portfolio and clothing/accessories on the website. Needless to say, I was excited to see what was in store for the Style 101 event.

Upon arrival, I instantly fell in love with the venue! The Catalyst Ranch was so colorful and quirky. Yanira greeted me at the door and I immediately felt welcomed. She was wearing the most adorable black dress. Her style expertise was evident.

Before the styling presentation, guests had the opportunity to browse the goodies of some local vendors including Poési, Squasht by Les, M.Go Fashion Salon and Black Label's own line. There were also makeup consultations by Sin , hair consultations by M.Go and health and wellness consultations by Metaboliq System. Basically, something for everyone!

SIDEBAR: I must also mention the food provided by Macondo was yummilicious!! The empanadas topped with avocado sauce were amazing! Honestly, I wanted to take a bottle of that sauce home with me...it was THAT good.

When the style presentation began, I honestly didn't know what to expect. Yanira, with her engaging personality, started off with a little background on herself - as both a makeup artist and wardrobe stylist, she dons the title of 'Style Artist'. She, then, jumped right into the basic items every woman should have in their wardrobe. Being that I'm a fashion fanatic and love immersing myself in style-related books and TV programming, I was already aware of the essentials (ie: trench, neutral pumps, face framing shades, ballet flats, evening clutch and SPANX). However, I learned a few things from the shopping tidbits Yanira provided. Some of these tidbits included the sunglasses deals that can be found at Saks Off 5th in Schaumburg (Yanira found Gucci shades for only $89) AND the revelation that Victoria Secret's staff are not experts on bra fitting. Mental light bulbs were going off all over the room!

What was even more impressive about Yanira's presentation were the details surrounding the services that Black Label provide. This company does whatever it can to make your wardrobe/shopping requests a reality. They have a plethora of resources from tailors to experts in clothing reconstruction to vintage consultants. So, not only will they help you find a new wardrobe but they will also provide the means to help you update your wardrobe with a few tweaks here and there.

Black Label was created in 2009 and I can already see it's potential. Yanira is indeed a wardrobe styling guru and someone I consider to be my 'shopping soulmate'. I look forward to attending more of her events in the future.

To learn more about Yanira and Black Label, visit shopblacklabel.com today!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Raijean of Swa-Rai.com said...

They sound really neat, will have to check them out!

March 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Nikia Jefferson said...

Definitely. When she said the "vintage consultant" could bring her well-edited vintage collection to your house, I was TOO excited.

March 27, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home