September 7, 2010

"Shoe Amber Alert" - Bottega Veneta Lace-Up

This past weekend, I went to DSW in Oak Brook to simply make a return and was greeted at the door by racks of designer clearance. Trying to maintain my focus, I briefly scanned the selection then went to the register to complete my return.

However, this particular pair of Bottega Veneta shoes stayed in my mind the entire day! Constructed with supple Italian leather and an oh-so-essential platform, I had visions of wearing them with tights and skirts all throughout the upcoming fall/winter season.

Since the merchandise turnover in discount stores is extremely high, I firmly believe in buying now and thinking later. You can always return it if you decide that you really don't want it BUT you never want to pass up something only to return to the store and discover that it has been sold. NOW, I'm trying to figure out why I didn't buy these. During the minor relapse, I didn't even try them on. What was I thinking?! Only God knows.

When I called the store the following morning, the sales associate said they were no longer in the store. *cue minor tantrum*

So, here's my official "Shoe Amber Alert":



Looking for Bottega Veneta lace-up, platform shoe in all black. Size 10 (marked as size 40 on shoe). Last seen in the DSW designer shoe clearance in Oak Brook, IL.



If you locate her in any Chicagoland DSW, please let me know. I shall love you forever!


*photo courtesy of eBay seller, eurodesign4u

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Josie! said...

Oh my those are beautiful...what were you thinking!? I wish I could help...actually I wish I owned them lol good luck finding them!!

September 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger allergic to vanilla said...

I hate when that happens...you gotta get it when you see it, cuz you never know if the shoes will be there when you turn around. Plus you can always return them!

I'll keep an eye out for them ;)

xo Carlina
AllergicToVanilla.com

September 7, 2010 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Nikia Jefferson said...

@Josette, lol. thanks!

@Allergic to Vanilla, thanks for being on the lookout.

September 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home