November 30, 2010

Etsy Showcase: Cold-Weather Stylin' with Yokoo

Oh, Etsy...how I do love thee...

I first learned about the Yokoo Etsy Shop while reading an article about Opening Cermony and the teenage blogging sensation, Tavi Gevinson. Tavi was donating a lot of items from her own closet and the unique accessories immediately caught my attention. Upon further research, I learned that Tavi is a loyal client of Yokoo. And why wouldn't she be? It is clear that their aesthetic is very similar. Plus, the designer (shown in the photos below) even reminds me of Tavi. Don't you think?



Yokoo has some of THE most amazing cold-weather accessories. The various oversized scarves (coined by Yokoo as the "Soopascarf" or "Snow Leopard"), the quirky bow headbands and the chain scarves are my current favorites. There's also the Uniscarf which consists of a scarf with attached sleeves. How SICK is that?!? All of these items are knitted by hand and available in a ridiculously-hard-to-choose amount of colors.



Knitting has never looked so innovative and fashion-forward. With these items, I'm ready to brave the Winter in style. Are you with me?


UPDATE: Etsy recently featured the below video on Yokoo.  It will give you a glimpse into the life of this wonderful designer. My favorite quote: "I grew up poor but only because everyone else had money". I simply adore that perspective.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Chandra said...

I'm with you! I think I decided on the linked scarf. I need that in MY life!

December 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you too, the scarf with the sleeves is a must have now!

December 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger blue said...

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM that link knitted necklace is crazy cool. Thanks for turning us on to yookoo!

Trés Awesome
http://tresawesome.blogspot.com/2010/11/andy-in-gold-coast.html

December 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM  
Anonymous tembisboutique said...

i adore the uniscarf

December 1, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home