September 20, 2010

NY Fashion Week SS 2011: Accessories Report - Part One

With so many reviews out in the blogosphere regarding NY Fashion Week S/S 2011, I figured I'd hone in on my favorite items....ACCESSORIES!

Days 1-4 consisted of many wonderful designers such as Cynthia Rowley, Vena Cava, Christian Siriano and Cushnie et Ochs. Each had accessories that stood out just as much - if not more - than the fashion, itself.

Here's what I considered as standout items:








Let's breakdown what was seen...

  • Handbags in a variety of shapes, colors and textures (the collage of faces on the Z Spoke bag made my day);
  • Sunglasses in classic shapes but with a twist (peep the double bar on the DVF frames);
  • Nude shoes (something tells me the Christian Siriano for Payless line will sellout fast);
  • Spikes on jewelry AND shoes (don't kick ANYONE when wearing those lovely platforms seen at Cushnie et Ochs);
  • Chains and geometric shapes reigning supreme on the jewelry front (Vena Cava, I think I love you);

Did you notice any accessories trends for S/S 2011? I'm curious to see what London, Milan and Paris will introduce. As always, I'll keep you posted.

Want to see the rest of what NY Fashion Week had to offer? Stay tuned for the "Accessories Report - Part Two".




*photos courtesy of nymag.com
**collages created by ChiTown Fashionista

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger KristiMcMurry said...

For some reason I LOVE those Charlotte Ronson shoes. Maybe it's the color? At any rate...I love them :)

September 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Nikia Jefferson said...

But would you wear them with socks? I don't think I could pull that off.

September 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Stylin' & Profilin' said...

Those Siriano pumps are absolute HAUTEness. I want a pair!!!

September 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Raijean of Swa-Rai.com said...

Love it!

September 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

It looks like necklaces are back. Thank goodness!

September 21, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home